The CDC advises that the best way to protect against infection is to get vaccinated and avoid being exposed to COVID-19. Here are actions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19, including any additional recommended boosters.
- Wear a face covering when around others.
- Get tested before attending social activities. Free PCR and rapid antigen tests are available on campus.
- Get tested after close contact exposures, and be sure to wear a mask for a full 10 days.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.