COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
All students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor (including Michigan Medicine), Dearborn and Flint campuses are required to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 and to submit their vaccination information. The university is approving limited exemptions to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for medical or religious reasons.
You must have a UMICH ID and email address in order to submit vaccination information. Details on how to submit information are noted below. Contact the Campus COVID-19 Call Center if you need assistance submitting your information. The Call Center can be reached at 734-936-7000, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
The university is approving limited exemptions to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for medical or religious reasons.
Don’t Miss Your Shot
COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are safe, free and require no medical insurance. Vaccines are available on campus through the following: University Health Service, Occupational Health Services, Michigan Medicine and popup clinics when available. You can also use Vaccines.gov to find a location offering the COVID-19 vaccine near you, then call or visit their website to make an appointment. Please see this FAQ on when to get your booster shot based on the timing and type of your primary vaccine series.
As a reminder, U-M employees are eligible to use up to two hours of paid release time per vaccine dose. Additional information is available through U-M Human Resources.
Tips before your appointment
Before you schedule your vaccination, you:
- Must be past the appropriate timeframe to receive a booster shot (five months after completing either the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines or two months after the single-dose J&J vaccine).
- Should not have an active COVID-19 infection in the past 10 days.
- Must bring your insurance card, if you have one, to your appointment.
- How to Retrieve Vaccination Information from MyChart and Upload to Wolverine Access
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Availability
- Find a Vaccine Near You
Have Questions About the Vaccine?
Students, faculty and staff from all three campuses and Michigan Medicine can speak with *advisers ready to answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and its safety.
- Students: Call University Health Service and ask to speak with a nurse for COVID vaccine information. The phone number is 734-764-8320.
- Employees: Speak with a trained adviser by phone on weekdays from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The phone number is 734-764-8021, and callers should select prompt No. 2.
*Advisers will not offer medical advice or address issues related to human resources or university policy.