Free COVID-19 testing for the U-M Community
The U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling and Tracking Program (CSTP) is a free, asymptomatic testing program for all U-M students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus.
Effective August 29, 2022, weekly testing is no longer required—although it is strongly encouraged—for most members of the university community who have an exemption from COVID-19 vaccination (U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy). The university may reinstate testing requirements for particular groups if necessary to address outbreaks during the semester.
Employees in health care centers (including Michigan Medicine) should continue to follow the established protocols.
- Registration must be completed once every semester by 5pm the day before your first test appointment. Same day registration and testing is NOT accepted.
- Participants must be masked at all CSTP locations.
- Participants must show their Mcard or photo ID. Tests will not be administered to individuals without a photo ID.
- Individuals coming in for testing should not eat or drink within 30 minutes of their test time.
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 90 days are not eligible to participate in CSTP (tests can remain positive for up to 90 days after an initial infection, and would likely not represent a reinfection).
- Results are emailed and texted to participants within 1-2 calendar days.
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is not a replacement for symptomatic testing or medical care. Information for testing for those with symptoms is available here.
Campus Testing Locations
Michigan Ross, Blau Hall, Seven10East Café
(Enter Blau Hall from East University Avenue and turn left at the first doorway.)
Palmer Commons, Plaza Room
Pierpont Commons, Boulevard Room
(1st floor Mezzanine behind Fireside Cafe)
Michigan Medicine, Towsley Lobby, Room G2100
(Enter the dome hallway directly across from the hospital cafeteria entrance, 2nd floor. Lobby is located in the double doors before the “s” turn)
Monday and Friday: 7am-5:30pm
The CSTP testing site will be moving the location from the Towsley Lobby to OHS (3rd floor MedInn) beginning the week of December 5th
If you have any further questions or concerns about Michigan Medicine test sites or testing requirements, please feel free to reach out to the COVID-19HR@umich.edu team who can assist.