Free COVID-19 testing for the U-M Community
The U-M COVID-19 Community Sampling and Tracking Program (CSTP) is a free, asymptomatic testing program for all U-M students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus.
Weekly testing is no longer required—although it is strongly encouraged—for most members of the university community who have an exemption from COVID-19 vaccination (U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy). The university may reinstate testing requirements for particular groups if necessary to address outbreaks during the semester.
Sign Up in 2 Easy Steps
Registration must be completed once every semester by 5pm the day before your first test appointment.
- Registration must be completed once every semester by 5pm the day before your first test appointment. Same day registration and testing is NOT accepted.
- Participants must be masked at all CSTP locations.
- Participants must show their Mcard or photo ID. Tests will not be administered to individuals without a photo ID.
- Individuals coming in for testing should not eat or drink within 30 minutes of their test time.
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 90 days are not eligible to participate in CSTP (tests can remain positive for up to 90 days after an initial infection, and would likely not represent a reinfection).
- Results are emailed and texted to participants within 1-2 calendar days.
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is not a replacement for symptomatic testing or medical care. Information for testing for those with symptoms is available here.
Campus Testing Locations
Michigan Ross, Blau Hall, Room K1501
(Enter Blau Hall from East University Avenue and turn left at the first doorway.)
Pierpont Commons, Boulevard Room
(1st floor Mezzanine behind Fireside Cafe)
OHS (3rd Floor MedInn)
Wednesday and Friday: 7am-4:30pm
If you have questions, you may contact the Health Response Call Center at 734-936-7000 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Michigan Medicine employees should send their inquiries to COVID-19HR@umich.edu If you have other questions regarding scheduling, testing sites, or the CSTP program the CSTP team can be reached by email at email@example.com.